It’s the beginning of February, there’s snow on the ground here in Philly and this gal needs some rays of sunshine to brighten the day. What better way to spark up the day but with a Secret Recipe Club reveal and some sweet and tart Meyer Lemon Cranberry Bread.
This month’s Secret Recipe Club assignment was Lisa from Sweet as Sugar Cookies. I was really happy to get Lisa’s blog as I love her outlook – bright, sunny and a great disposition, much like her Lemon Cranberry Bread. She’s also fearless in the kitchen – a great trait for any SRC member, right? Lisa also had some other fantastic recipes that I have bookmarked to try – her Shoyu Chicken (that I’m determined to find out if it’s like my friends’ mother’s top secret chicken recipe), her Pumpkin Chai Donut Muffins (don’t judge – we can have pumpkin year round!) and her No Fuss Focaccia.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of zest from Meyer Lemons (about 2-3 small Meyer lemons)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¾ to 1 cup of freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice (I was closer to 1 cup – I love that lemon flavor!) (about 6 or so small to medium Meyer lemons)
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of frozen unthawed cranberries