These gems are bursting with flavor....tender, juicy and a bit spicy. We have here some Blackened Chicken, a Cajun Salsa, some delicious Cajun Dip drizzled all over it....all wrapped up in a pita.
Pure yum factor going on here.
The inspiration for such a diverse concoction comes from the tahini I used in the dip. Sesame King Cajun Tahini to be more specific. I had no idea there were flavored tahini's out there....so cool! They currently have Garlic, Honey, Cajun and Olive Oil flavors. All of which would be great in so many recipes. Hummus of course (how fun to have various flavor themes), dressings, sauces, dips.
Before Sunshine International Foods sent me some of their tahini, I had only used it in hummus. They have unknowingly guided me to expand my ways.
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sesame King Cajun Tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 large tomato
- 2 green onions
- 1 - 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced (use which ever color you prefer)
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 or 4 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (breasts can be used instead)
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning