If there is one thing I know how to make it’s a seriously delicious breakfast taco. Some of you may be laughing and saying, really? There isn’t even chorizo on these tacos, but I say why use chorizo when you can use bacon?
I was first introduced to the best breakfast tacos when I was in Mexico traveling with a humanitarian group and we had these sweetest ladies making us breakfast every morning – and it was all from scratch. I’ve been hooked ever since but I hardly ever have time to make my tortillas from scratch, if only I could figure out how to roll and shape them as fast as those ladies did!
- 1 lb Russet potatoes (about 3 medium)*
- 1 3/4 cups refried beans, homemade or store bought**
- 8 oz bacon, cooked and chopped and 2 1/2 Tbsp drippings reserved
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (I use a blend of both)
- Fire Roasted Tomato Salsa, recipe follows
- 8 taco size flour tortillas, warmed