This Creamy Kale and Turkey Sausage Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes is definitely one of my new favorites! It’s been a while since I’ve shared a pasta recipe so I thought I should catch up, and since it’s been a while it had better be good! Oh and it is.
I was skeptical about turkey sausage, but I wanted to make this pasta lighter so I decided to give it a chance. I liked it just as much as any Italian pork sausage and it’s likely going to replace it in many recipes I make the majority of the time. I can’t wait to try it in this Zuppa Toscana Soup. If you are new to turkey sausage too, I used Jenn-o brand and I really liked it. I found it in the poultry section by the ground turkey.
- 12 oz (about 3 3/4 cups) dry penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage links (about 4 sausage links), casings removed, sausage crumbled (hot or mild, not sweet)
- 10 sun dried tomatoes in oil (1/2 cup), drained, patted dry with paper towels, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch (8 oz) kale, thick ribs removed, chopped (4 cups packed)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese