So I heard when I was watching Jimmy Fallon last week that they are adding new girl scout cookie flavors this year. For me that’s really no excitement because I will forever be a Samoa Cookie lover. There’s just no topping them when it comes to Girl Scout Cookies. They include so many of my favorite decadent treats all layered together in one incredibly delicious cookie. And If I didn’t show some self control I could probably sit down and finish a whole box by myself. My sister’s got the right idea though, she stocks half her freezer with Samoa cookies. Smart woman.
- Recipe here (only use 2 pinches salt)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, toasted and slightly crushed
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cup heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies (I recommend using Lorna Doone, about 19 cookies)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened (don't melt)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.