Do you have a PINTEREST account? You can follow me HERE if you’d like to, I’d love to have you follow! Thanks!
Do we need much more in life than cake? This Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting is over the top delicious! It’s soft and moist with just the right amount of pumpkin and spice, and the frosting is one of my favorites.
I know I’ve been a little pumpkin crazy, even though it’s not technically fall yet. To me though it’s felt like fall for the last few weeks since I’ve been waking up to chilly mornings, ending the day with cold evenings and getting out my warm pajamas and slippers, plus I’ve had this never ending cold (seriously what a rip off right? Fall is still a ways away). A slice of this cake made everything better though :).
- 2 3/4 cups (390g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/4 (270g) cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (172g) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup (424g/15 oz) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (I used 6 Tbsp salted 6 Tbsp unsalted)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups powdered sugar