On occasion, I’ve been known to make 7 layer dip for dinner. That’s just how much I love the stuff. It’s been a long time family favorite so when I saw these individual servings from The Girl Who Ate Everything I knew I’d have to try it (and I saw those three years ago and I still haven’t forgotten about them, genius idea for sure). Good bye messy scooping and double dippers!
Their perfect individual serving size makes these perfect for a party and this recipe could easily be doubled. You can also adjust it to suit your taste, like for me personally I prefer it without the salsa because that’s they way my family has always made 7 Layer Bean Dip. I just like to focus on the fresh tomatoes and feel the salsa isn’t needed but that’s just me. Make them how you like and enjoy!
- 1 (15.5 oz) can refried beans
- 1 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning, recipe follows in notes (or to taste)
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa (optional, I prefer it without)
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup black olives, diced
- 2 - 3 green onions, diced
- Also needed, 8 (9 oz) cups