Have you noticed I seriously love avocados? I could eat them every day alongside just about anything. Okay, maybe not cupcakes and cookies, but you get the point. I even add them to my smoothie on occasion. So it only makes perfect sense that I post an avocado salsa recipe.
This is basically guacamole meets salsa. It has the flavors of guacamole but more of a texture similar to a chunky salsa. I could sit here and describe how amazing it is to you but it’s just one of those things you’ll have to try for yourself. To give you an idea of how much I liked it, let’s just say it pretty much ruined my dinner plans. I made chicken tacos but then before dinner I sat down to eat this, and I ate so much I wasn’t even hungry for dinner in the slightest. Oh well, it was definitely worth it! I started out eating it with chips but it was just so good I ditched the chips and ate it by the spoonful. And I don’t feel guilty about it because just look at all the healthy ingredients in the recipe. Fresh, nutrient packed ingredients. You are going to love this!
- 6 medium roma tomatoes (20 oz), seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped red onion, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeños, seeded and chopped (1/4 cup. Leave seeds if you like heat)
- 3 medium avocados, semi-firm but ripe, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (more or less to taste as desired)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped