Oh my, is this a cookie you need to try! These decadent cookies are like getting four different kinds of cookies all in one. They aren’t just your everyday chocolate chip cookie, these things have oatmeal, coconut, almonds and chocolate chunks. And those ingredients not only make these deliciously flavorful and completely irresistible, but they give these cookies such an amazing texture. Trust me, you’re cookie recipe book definitely needs this one added.
Sometime I’d like to try them with white chocolate chips (instead of dark) and macadamia nuts (instead of almonds). They are perfect as they are but it’s always nice to have a few options, right? With a combination like this, who could resist them? They are a cookie made to please a crowd.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (or 1/2 tsp for more coconut flavor)
- 3 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsalted almonds, chopped