For two years I’ve been meaning to try this trendy pizza and now I’ve finally done it! If you haven’t heard, pizza is my favorite food (yes, likely my all time favorite. I know, I’m so refined, right?). We have pizza every week at my house. It’s just hard to beat all those irresistible layers and all the melted cheesy goodness, isn’t it? Plus pizza is incredibly versatile. Yes, I do need to broaden my horizons a bit more and try things like this thai pizza, this jalapeño popper pizza and this tempting Moroccan Spiced Scalloped Potato Pizza. I will someday get to those. But for now at least I’ve marked the cauliflower crust pizza off my list.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 lb 12 oz)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella (1 oz)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought pizza sauce, or more or less to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Desired toppings, such as fresh grape tomatoes, basil, oregano, olives, mushrooms etc.