You can never have too many salad recipes right? Especially when they are this healthy and delicious. This Greek salad is a breeze to make. It just requires some simple chopping and quick mixing. It would make a great side to to some Greek lemon chicken for dinner, a light pasta or to your half sandwich at lunch.
The blend of flavors in this salad is wonderfully fresh and bright. Greek flavors are quickly becoming some of my favorites because of all the fresh ingredients used in this type of cuisine. Speaking of Greek, when am I ever going to make it to Santorini, Greece? That place is beautiful. I love all the gorgeous whites and blues.
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10.5 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 1 1/2 medium cucumbers (14 oz), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about 1/2 of a medium)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 1 cup black olives (drained well), sliced into halves
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled