Chipotle Baked Sweet Potato Fries
August 28, 2014 -
Ahhhh, the joy that comes from eating a simple sweet potato fry. Sweet potatoes are uber trendy right now…as they should be! They are delish, and any way I can come up with to prepare them always seems to work out just perfectly. Sweet potato fries are a simple luxury. They don’t have to be fried. You can bake them and still get that crisp outer shell with a tender inner bite. They are just so yum. These fries in particular are one of my favorite ways to prepare them. Tossed in a combination of olive oil, chipotle chili powder and other delicious spices, these fries will be gone in seconds.
- 5 large sweet potatoes, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Optional Toppings: sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, monterey jack cheese, scallions.