So, I have another game day recipe for you today. Can you sense a trend? I’m kind of counting down the days until the start of the season(s). I’ll try to tone it down a notch. I know that I can be exhausting with my obsessions sometimes. ;) Anyway, I love to serve dip when I’m serving a large crowd. I love even more to serve good craft beer to a large crowd! I mixed the two in this recipe, and the result was just to … die … for.
So how is everyone’s week going?! Doesn’t it feel like time is just dragging? Around here it certainly does. I’ve been cooking/baking like crazy and deep-cleaning our house.
- 3 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and stem removed, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pale ale beer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped
- green onions, sliced, for garnish