A quick and delicious 15 Minute Bacon Cheeseburger Soup with all the flavors of a traditional burger. Who wouldn’t love that?
Inspiration for my soup recipes comes from other dishes that aren’t soup at all. For instance, that’s where the idea for my past Pizza Soup and Chinese Beef and Broccoli Soup came from.
Today’s soup is also inspired by a non-soup dish. It’s a Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. It’s based on the idea of a basic Hamburger Soup but with the flavors you find on burgers.
There’s ground beef, bacon, onions, tomatoes and even ketchup, mustard and pickles. It’s amazing how much it tastes like a burger.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1 and 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 4 cups low or no-sodium beef broth
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 large dill pickle
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup small pasta (one that cooks in 4-5 minutes)
- 1 cup pre-shredded cheddar cheese