Over the years, I have tried many, many paleo Thanksgiving gravy recipes. I think this easy paleo gravy recipe is the best one. It’s quick to put together, and it uses a combination of pureed vegetables, pan drippings and fresh herbs to get that traditional Thanksgiving gravy flavor.
The secret ingredient in this gravy is cauliflower. The cauliflower stands in for the flour that is used in a traditional roux based gravy, and makes the gravy thick and creamy. And you can make this easy paleo gravy while the turkey is resting, just like you would with a traditional gravy. Or make it ahead and add the pan drippings when you reheat the gravy.
- 2 tablespoons turkey fat from pan drippings, or ghee
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- pan drippings
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- several sprigs fresh thyme or other herbs
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste