Hi. It’s me again. And I’m back with math. Delicious math.
Dinner = grilled protein + citrus/avocado salsa.
The markets here are flooded with beautiful Texas citrus – 5 oranges for $1? An 8 lb bag for just under $5? Don’t mind if I do!
We took a few of those Texas oranges, paired them with creamy avocado and some weapons-grade-spicy diced jalapeno (if only there were some way to tell which peppers were “just” hot and which peppers were crazy ^%$#@! hot), and made a sweet+heat salsa to go over a simple citrus-marinated fish.
- Zest and juice of 1 medium orange
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp chile powder (I used ancho)
- Small handful of cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 tilapia (or your favorite white fish) filets
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Handful of cilantro