A crunchy shortbread crust is the perfect base for these coconut cream pie bars. With a layer of chocolate ganache in between, these bars will quickly become your favorite dessert.
from: ben rayl
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
The post coconut cream pie (and chocolate) bars appeared first on comfortable food.
- all purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- coconut - 1 cup, shredded
- powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- butter - 3/4 cup (170 g) cold, cut into small pieces
- dark chocolate - 10 oz (250 g), coarsely chopped
- heavy cream - 1/3 cup
- whole milk - 3 cups
- coconut milk - 2 cups
- eggs - 4 large
- egg yolks - 2
- sugar - 1 cup +2 tbsp
- cornstarch - 3/4 cup
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp
- coconut - 1 1/2 cup, shredded
- coconut - 1/2 cup, shredded and toasted
- heavy whipping cream - 1 1/2 cups
- powdered sugar - 1/4 cup