As the temperature here in south Florida approaches 90 degrees and my sweet tooth remains undisturbed, chilling out with another frozen dessert (ice cream, but of course) is way more alluring than heating up the stove to bake a treat. And of the dairy free ice creams I have shared so far, I think this most recent mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe just might be tops.
Just like the others, it is a simple ice cream recipe that requires only a quick assembly of ingredients. No baking. No cooking. Barely any mess. Bliss.
- 1 can cold full-fat coconut milk (I like BPA-free Native Forest brand)
- 1 cup raw cashews * (Note: if you have time, soak the cashews in water for 2 hours then rinse and drain)
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint, packed
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¾ cup cacao nibs (such as Navitas Naturals brand)
- ½ teaspoon wheat grass powder, optional (such as Navitas Naturals brand)