Let’s talk about leftovers. They just never seem to go away. Thanks to a nifty turkey curry, all of our turkey is gone, but we still have a ton of other things left. Our sweet potatoes seem to be multiplying in the fridge. We made a great horseradish sweet potato dish for Thanksgiving. The horseradish gave the potatoes a little bite that went perfectly with the blue cheese and balsamic onions. Any sweet potatoes will work though. Overall the combination of flavors were perfect. Tortillas are a really great tool for transforming leftovers. Using the sweet potatoes in a quesadilla not only was a great way to use up your leftovers, but it makes for a quick lunch or an easy appetizer to share.
- 1/4 onion, finely sliced
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup leftover mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tortillas (I used corn)
- Leftover cranberry sauce, for serving