You asked for it and we have delivered!! I mean really though, who doesn’t love a donut? One of the guilty pleasure treats you thought you had to give up when you decided to go Paleo can now be the star of your recipe box! Impress your friends with this delicious combination in my latest recipe for Chocolate Frosted Banana Bread Donuts!
In this recipe, I bring together my world famous Banana Bread recipe with the Date Lady’s Chocolate Spread. The sweetness of the bananas pair perfectly with the decadence of the chocolate to make this perfect chocolate frosted donut.
- 4 bananas, (2 1/2 cups mashed or 575 grams)(they can be yellow bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- Date Lady Chocolate Spread
- Muscavado Sugar, optional