Chicken Tetrazzini is one of those dishes that makes use of leftover chicken or turkey. This traditional casserole is a crowd pleaser.
This week Sunday Supper turns 2 . I am honored to say that I am a member of the Sunday Supper Movement. I met Isabel, the founder, last year. I can say that I was very impressed by her positive energy and her love for food, family and friends.
The tradition of the family dinner should be lives in my family. I enjoy sharing food with good company.
Let’s talk about our recipe! Chicken tetrazzini is a cozy casserole for sure and can be very rich with -butter, cream and pasta.
- 10 ounce uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2.5 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 ounce ⅓-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oi, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Cooking spray
- 1½ ounces French bread baguette, torn into pieces