I almost feel like I’m sharing a big revelation when I tell you about this no-bake recipe for protein goji berry granola bars. These bars only take a few minutes to make, and they’re far, far healthier than store-bought protein bars. Have you ever read the ingredients on a packaged protein bar? Most of them are full of sweeteners and lots of unknown ingredients. I like to say, if you can’t pronounce it, don’t buy it or eat it!
I’ve realized recently that I need to add more protein to my daily intake. I often get so busy cooking for clients that I forgot to eat. So adding protein powder to my favorite snacks seems to give me more energy during the day.
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats (gluten free)
- ½ cup cashew pieces, chopped
- ½ cup almond, chopped
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons protein powder
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ⅔ cup peanut or almond butter (organic)
- ½ to ⅔ cup agave nectar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (adjust based on which nut butter you use)
- ½ cup goji berries
- 1 Tablespoon cacao nibs (optional)