Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce
[ 2 ]
July 13, 2013
| Marie Poulin
Fire up the grill and try these Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce. These vibrant chicken satay skewers are marinated in a rich coconut milk -lime juice- ginger mixture.
These delicious chicken skewers can work wonderfully for entertaining or as a family-friendly main course.
Add Asian flavors to your barbecue with these chicken skewers served with a creamy peanut sauce.
Serve over basmati or jasmine rice.
Adapted from the blog a Spicy Perspective.
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1⅓ lb. total), cut lengthwise into 16¼-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Special equipment: bamboo skewers
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 Tb. fresh minced ginger
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tb. honey
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced