This hearty vegetarian soup warms up chilly nights. Use any type of canned beans you happen to have on hand or if you have more time to spend in the kitchen, you can start from scratch and cook some dried beans.
I always keep a variety of canned beans in my pantry. They are often a lifesaver on week night.
This Two bean soup with Spinach makes a great weeknight dinner. It only takes 20 -30 minutes to come together. It’s healthy, delicious and it easily lasts for two nights when serving two people. I like to serve this soup with baked crostini with tomatoes and parmesan.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 6 cups chopped spinach
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme