Spaghetti salad packed with baby bites of plum tomatoes, olives, artichokes, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni or salami, red onion and cucumber with a creamy Parmesan cheese dressing.
Spaghetti is definitely underrated when it comes to cold pasta salads and that’s a shame because it deserves more attention. It’s kind of weird to see it used in a pasta salad, right?
Trust me when I say it’s completely delicious!
The creamy, dreamy dressing is whizzed together in a food processor or blender with olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Parmesan cheese, garlic and Italian seasoning. It’s sweet and tangy all at the same time and complements every single thing in the salad.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 - 3 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces thick spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¾ cup chopped artichoke hearts (from a jar)
- ¾ cup diced plum tomatoes, seeds removed
- ¾ cup diced cucumber, seeds removed
- ¾ cup chopped pepperoni or salami
- ¾ cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup sliced black olives
- a couple dashes crushed red pepper flakes, optional