Beef Stir-Fry with vegetables adds colorful, full-flavored nutrition to a quick dinner.
Beef often gets a bad reputation as an unhealthy food, but lean beef can make for some healthy and delicious recipes.
Here’s some facts about lean beef from The Beef Checkoff.
A 3 o.z. serving of lean beef is about 150 calories
Nearly half of the daily value for protein which helps build strong muscles
Less than 10 grams of fat per serving, 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat
Less than 95 mg of cholesterol
- 12 ounces lean beef pounded thin and cut into 1/-inch strips (I use Certified Angus Beef® brand flank steak or top round)
- 4 cups assorted vegetables chopped; cabbage, broccoli, carrots, scallions, snow peas, red peppers, mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced or diced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds for garnish, optional