Adapted from my recipe for Cauliflower Alfredo .
- 1 can (2 cups) pureed pumpkin (480g)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, or 2 tsp minced
- 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt (I also add a little extra)
- 2 tbsp butter spread (such as Earth Balance or Smart Balance Light) OR 2 tbsp olive oil and a little extra salt if needed (30g)
- 1 cup milk of choice (240g)
- 1 cup American or Cheddar shreds (such as Follow Your Heart or Daiya) OR 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- whatever you wish to go with your sauce (macaroni, quinoa, spaghetti squash, rice, veggies, etc.)