I decided to create another layered cake pan salad! Since my other layered salad in a cake pan has been shared and pinned thousands of times, it was time to share something similar, yet new. How about a layered taco salad in a cake pan? Everyone loves taco salad!
The idea behind this salad shares the same basic concept as my classic layered salad, but this time I added a Mexican twist. I developed a thick, ranch sour cream mayonnaise so it would hold up the same way as other layered salads, and not get soggy. Make sure you drain the beans, corn, and olives very well so they don’t add unwanted moisture to your salad.
Serving a layered salad in a cake pan, as opposed to a trifle pan, makes it portable, easy to serve, and unique. Everyone will want a copy of this recipe, so be prepared to share it!
Just layer, chill, and cut into cake-like pieces! Voila!
serves 8 to 12
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 small can green chilies, undrained
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (all other lettuces will wilt)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (or a mixture of cumin, chili powder and garlic powder)
- 1 cup ranch sour cream mayonnaise, divided (recipe below)
- 1 (15 oz.) can of your favorite beans, rinsed and drained very well
- 1 (15 oz.) can sweet corn, drained very well
- 8 to 12 oz. of your favorite tomato salsa
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (3.8 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained very well
- 1/2 lb. bacon, fried until crispy, cooled completely, and crumbled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, seeds removed, chopped