This 20-Minute Vietnamese Spring Roll Bowl boasts everything you love in spring rolls, but without the fuss of wrapping anything. It’s a refreshingly healthy spring/summer dish that’s delicious for lunch or dinner.
So I talked up these yummy Vietnamese spring rolls a couple weeks ago. Those are the bees knees of the rolled up food world. So fresh, healthy, and fun to nosh on.
I went down the google rabbit trail reading about the difference between spring rolls vs summer rolls. Turns out they are often interchangeably termed, but basically refer to the same thing.
- 3 TB creamy peanut butter
- 3 TB hoisin sauce
- Freshly squeezed lime juice, from 2 small limes
- 2 tsp garlic chili sauce (or use 2 tsp Sriracha + ¼ tsp garlic powder)
- 2-3 TB water
- 7 oz. dry rice vermicelli (thin rice noodles)
- Asian toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound cooked jumbo shrimp, sliced in half (similar to butterfly-cut, but cut all the way through)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced green leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves