Another school year is about to end, and celebrations abound. There are end-of-year lunches and brunches to celebrate the year’s achievements, big or small. Ushering in the welcome summer and contemplating what lies ahead.
Any festivity that involves brunch is a happy thing. I love brunch food. If it isn’t something sweet, then it’s got to be something deliciously savory… and cheesy. One of my favorites is this Cheesy Ham ‘n Hash Brown Casserole. But I made that for our last brunch event, so I did a different cheesy bake for this round.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 4 cups (20 oz) plain frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 1¼ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp table salt
- 1½ tsp fresh ground pepper