I’m tough to please when it comes to Italian food. My dad’s side of the family is Italian, so I was lucky to grow up in a kitchen where tomatoes, basil, and garlic were a way of life. I often find that Italian restaurants don’t exactly live up to my expectations.
So, imagine how excited I was when I found, and devoured, one of the best Italian meals I’ve ever had right here in Indy! I was so eager to try out Sangiovese Ristorante’s new location. I’d heard that they’d moved from their former location into the beautiful, new Ironworks building on 86th street.
- ¾ lb. of Penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 oz italian sausage links cut in to thin pieces
- 8 oz prosciutto diced into small pieces
- 6 oz. canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste