Slow Cooker Asian Sweet Chili Sesame Chicken knocks the socks off of traditional Sesame Chicken with the additional depth of sweet and spicy Asian Sweet Chili Sauce AND all you have to do is add the ingredients to your slow cooker and dinner is served!
Well, served in a few hours any way, but you get the idea.
I have been grilling a lot this summer and have so many grilling recipe ideas to make/share before the summer is over that I have neglected my other favorite summer cooking method – the crockpot! This little counter cooker allows you to beat the summer heat by adding all your ingredients then walking away as your home fills with the enticing aroma – and in this case – the sweet and spicy aroma of Sweet Chili Sesame Chicken. Its a beautiful thing.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Sriracha to taste (optional)
- **Sweet Chili Sesame Sauce
- 1/4 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quality hoisin sauce like Lee Kum Kee or Kikkkoman
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or 3-4 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (or 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onions