Many of you know that I LIKE decorating with marshmallow fondant more than icing.
But every once in a while, I get the itch to PLAY with royal icing
For those of you who don’t know, royal icing is made with egg whites and powdered sugar.
It dries HARD and is very POPULAR in cookie decorating.
I made these chrysanthemum flower cookies with royal icing and they turned out BEAUTIFUL!
- But every once in a while, I get the itch to PLAY with royal icing
- If you prefer a softer frosting, then CONSIDER decorating these cookies with buttercream icing.
- Just keep in mind that UNLIKE royal icing, buttercream icing DOESN’T dry hard.
- That means you CAN’T stack your cookies or even package them as party favors, which totally sucks!
- Here are some more details of these cookies…
- They are large round sugar cookies, decorated with royal icing.
- I shared the TUTORIAL for making these chrysanthemum cookies at Cake Journal.
- So, be sure to check it out.
- Well, that’s all for today.
- If you liked this post, you may also like some of these other cookies…
- Easy Spring cookies
- Candy corn flower cookies
- Royal icing daisy cookies
- Until next time, tata my lovelies
- The post Chrysanthemum cookies appeared first on Cakewhiz.