Round one? Well in the recipe I came across last Saturday, Jamie Oliver said it takes two or three tries to get this recipe just right. Sooooo, let’s have fun during the holiday season making scones with all the fun Fall flavors…..AND booze! Remember I am a determined girl, so I will get them right, AND we will have full tummies in the process!
Now I must stress round one’s recipe tasted really delicious. They just did not fluff up, and look all pretty. When Jamie shares in his recipe to mix the dough minimally, that is the key. Scones don’t like to be over mixed.
- 150 g dried fruit, such as sour cherries, raisins, sultanas, chopped sour apricots, blueberries, or a mixture
- orange juice, for soaking (I used Orange Liquor)
- 150 g cold unsalted butter
- 500 g self-raising flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons golden caster sugar
- sea salt
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk, plus a little extra for brushing