A cheats way of having Banana Bread without actually having any banana bread; making it into a french toast; drizzling it with a Cream Cheese glaze, and loving your life.
How? This is an old recipe. Like, old. The first time I cheated on banana bread was last year. I posted this recipe up to my Instagram page, and it went psycho loco for months afterwards.
Besides the fact we were craving it hard this morning, I took advantage of making it for the millionth time — made it even easier and better, and recreated it for the blog.
- 8 slices of bread of your choice
- 1 large banana
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk (reduced fat; normal milk or almond milks are fine)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener or sugar of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (or any plain yogurt)
- Banana slices and pecans to serve