In celebration of Vegan MoFo, I’m doing a month of themed dinner party ideas! The theme of the first week is… The Wizard of Oz! Read on for a recipe for Corn & Black Bean Salad, courtesy of the Scarecrow!
When you’re stuck on a pole for months on end, you get a lot of time with your thoughts. After all, how do you think Santa gets all of those good ideas for snickering Elmo’s and blinking Furby’s? (Wrong kind of pole? Oops. Beg pardon.) Well, the Scarecrow was no different. He’d look out over the vast fields of corn and imagine all of the ways he could cook with it. He’d make corn on the cob, creamy polenta, cornmeal crust pizzas, and corn chowder.
- 1/2 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 1/2 cups (or 1 15 oz. can) black or adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lime, juiced (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced plus extra for garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste