It’s so hot out these days, 99º yesterday afternoon, I wanted a no-cook lunch today. Made a small batch of my “Hummus” and tossed together a quick Tabouleh-like salad, since I didn’t have quite enough parsley in the fridge to make a proper Tabouleh. We both ended up liking this almost as much as the real recipe for Tabouleh, but we’re real cuke fans. This delicious recipe is suitable for all phases of Atkins and other Ketogenic diets. It is suited to a Primal or Paleo program as well.
- ½ large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced to ½” or smaller
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ c. green onion tops, chopped fine
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (more if you like)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved