This scrumptious cabbage creation will really surprise you. It is actually SWEET! My husband swears he does not like cabbage yet he dipped up seconds! Man, he’s a walking paradox when it comes to food. However tonight, he was a seated gobbling turkey scarfing this stuff down! After chopping the ingredients, this takes only 5-8 minutes to get it on the table for your hungry family. Can’t beat THAT! I am particularly fond of Burton’s brand of smoked sausage as it has no fillers or sugar added. My local Walmart is carrying this brand now. What I like about it is it is light on the garlic, which I do not like in smoked sausage if they use too much. Any brand you like will do for this tasty, colorful dish.
This recipe is suitable for all phases of Atkins, Keto diets, Primal and Paleo as well. If you like things spicy, increase the jalapeno a bit.
- 4 c. cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz. onion, sliced large (I used a purple onion)
- 2 oz. red bell pepper, diced large
- 2 oz. green bell pepper, diced large
- ½ large jalapeno, seeded and slivered thin (more if you want any real “heat”)