I made these cookies (and this video) for you aaaages ago.
Seriously. At the same time that I made this video. In like, April or something.
It has just somehow taken me forever to post it!
And I don’t know why, because this recipe is, well, probably my absolute favourite.
It takes all the things I love in a cookie – chocolate chips, coffee, crunchy, buttery macadamias, and the chew that comes from using finely ground oatmeal – and smashes them together into these awesome cookies.
They bake up with crispy edges, soft, chewy centers, and big pools of melty chocolate inside.
- 165g unsalted butter, melted (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ - 1½ tsp salt, to taste
- 1½ tsp instant espresso powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- ½ cup rolled oats, finely ground in food processor
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate melts
- 1 cup roasted macadamias, roughly chopped