I’m always trying to work beans into my diet because they’re just so good for you… and I happen to think they’re delicious. This quick marinated bean recipe is one of my favorites because it’s so quick, simple, and insanely good. I could probably eat the whole lot of them at once but realistically, it’s more like four side dish servings.
I made this recipe with canned butter beans but you can use any white bean or beans cooked from dry if you prefer. I chose the canned beans because I was short on time and I chose the large butter beans because I think they’re pretty and kind of whimsical.
- 1 (12-15 oz.) can butter or other white beans $0.99
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley $0.20
- 1 Tbsp olive oil $0.11
- 1 tsp lemon juice $0.10
- ½ tsp minced garlic $0.06
- ¼ tsp dried oregano $0.03
- to taste salt and pepper $0.05