Fresh Picked Strawberries
- Fresh Picked Strawberries
- Strawberries have never been my favorite fruit, though there’s something about biting into a fresh, juicy strawberry, warmed from the sun, that makes me so happy beyond reason. Maybe it’s because it signals other fruit is coming soon? As soon as strawberries pique, blueberries, raspberries, cherries and other stone fruit isn’t far behind. A full summer of fresh fruit waits for the taking. But hurry, it will be gone before you know it.
- I do my best to harness the flavors of spring and summer all year round. Sure, I still enjoy what I can now, but there’s nothing like slathering a fresh piece of bread with strawberry rhubarb jam in the middle of the summer. It gives you hope that warmth is not that far away. To celebrate the real coming of summer, strawberries as a market for all that will follow, I’ve compiled some of my favorite strawberry recipes. Some for now, and some for later.
- Accidental Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Cocktail
- Gazpacho with a Strawberry Twist
- Not So Sweet Strawberry Shortcake
- Simple Strawberry Vinegar
- Strawberry Lavender Jam
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- Strawberry Rosemary Ice Cream — Philly Style
- Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Macerated Strawberries
- Filed under: Beverages, Dessert, Preserving, Recipes Tagged: fresh strawberries, homemade strawberry jam, macerated strawberries, strawberries, strawberry ice cream, strawberry recipe, strawberry rhubarb, strawberry season