We learned how to make basic Sourdough Banana Bread last week. Today, I’ll reveal the method I used to transition from a sourdough banana quick bread made completely with white flour to a sourdough quick bread made completely with Einkorn flour.
I wanted to make a banana bread I could call my own using only Einkorn flour. Sometimes, I just start substituting and hope for the best. This time, I decided to take a more thoughtful approach.
I started with this Sourdough Banana Bread recipe from Cultures for Health .
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Einkorn Sourdough Starter
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups 80% extraction Einkorn flour (from Jovial Foods)
- 1 cup whole grain Einkorn flour (home milled)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda (to neutralize the sourdough flavor)