The theme for Bread Baking Day #44 is Autumn Flavors . Sarah of Winged Snail is the host for this month’s event and she empowered us to make breads with root vegetables, pumpkin, squash, cinnamon, nuts and any other flavors that remind us of autumn.
Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors for Fall so I’m submitting these Pumpkin Yeast Rolls . These rolls can be shaped in a variety of shapes. I increased the recipe so I had a bunch of rolls. I shaped some of the rolls into single knots, some as crescent rolls, and some as butterfly rolls. I took photos of the process so you can learn how to shape these rolls as well.
- 1/2 ounce active dry yeast (2 .25 oz packets)
- 1 cup warm 2% low-fat milk (110-115 degrees F)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling) I used roasted pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 1/2-6 cups flour, divided (I used all-purpose flour)