This month's Bread Baking Day is hosted by Jamie at Life's a Feast and we're baking special breads for her birthday party. I decided that Chocolate Cinnamon Babka would be the perfect bread to bring to her virtual birthday party. It's a festive and delicious bread filled with chocolate and cinnamon.
I thought I had gotten enriched breads out of my system during the Holidays, but when I saw this babka on another blog (sorry, I don't remember which one), it reminded me that I hadn't made any breads yet from Peter Reinhart's new book Artisan Breads Every Day .
- 2 T (19g) instant yeast
- 3/4 cup (170g) lukewarm milk (any kind; at about 95 degrees F.)
- 6 T (85g) unsalted butter, melted or at room temperature
- 6 T (85g) sugar
- 1 tsp (7g) vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks (85g)
- 3 1/3 cups (425g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (7g) salt, or 1 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt