I had absolutely no idea, when I made this dish, that it is National Bacon Month. Who knew there was an entire month to celebrate America's favorite porky treat? I was merely working with ingredients I had at home, and a little light bulb that was floating around in my head.
After I made my Deviled Egg Potato Salad, I immediately thought, "How awesome would this be as a BLT Potato Salad?". I mean, to me, if you add bacon and roasted tomatoes to anything you can't go wrong.
Well, maybe not in ice cream.
- 5 eggs
- 1 pound russet potatoes. peeled and cubed
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2 leeks, sliced in half and sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 green onions, whites and greens sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper