Eggnog may be the reigning champ of holiday libations, but I’m pretty sure that’s about to change. Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like a glass of bourbon!
I’m often surprised by the moments that steal my heart during the holiday season. Sure, the festive parties and shop-til-you-drop marathons are always fun, but they never top my list of memorable moments. Instead, it’s the quiet evenings, when the parties end and the shopping is complete, that mean the most to me. After a busy day of holiday festivities, there’s nothing more relaxing then a quiet evening at home.
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4oz of your favorite bourbon (Woodford Reserve is my recommendation)
- 3oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 splashes of orange bitters
- For Garnish:
- Cinnamon stick
- Dried cranberries that have been soaked overnight in bourbon
- Orange slice
- One ice ball (or very large ice cube)