PB + J pancakes , smoothies , and chia pudding! Oh my!
It’s hard to resist that whole salty-sweet combination, isn’t it? And there are endless ways to reinterpret and modernize the classic pb + j sandwich.
This particular variation infuses thick chia pudding with peanutty goodness and nestles it between rippled layers of raw strawberry chia jelly. The recipe calls for just 7 ingredients and only requires about 10-15 minutes of active kitchen time. As usual, the hardest part about making chia pudding is garnering the patience to endure a few hours of wait time as it thickens. And just as a watched pot never boils, a watched chia pudding never thickens.
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- optional: pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 6-7 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup chia seeds