I tend to go through phases with my breakfast choices. One month I’m all about the smoothies and the next it’s oats for days. Can you guess which phase I’m in now?
Oats! I’m all about the oats at the moment; however, warm oats in the hot summer aren’t very appealing, so I’m currently on a cool, overnight oats kick.
If you’ve never had overnight oats before, where have you been??? Just kidding. But really, where have you been? You’re missing out on convenience and awesomeness and flavorful goodness, and I’m not okay with you missing out on any of those things.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk or nut milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- optional: 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- 1 recipe Raw Cherry Chia Jam (see below)
- garnishes: chopped cherries, chopped almonds
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted and de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or more, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds