In addition to craving greens like crazy since returning home from vacation last week, Dan and I have also been consuming mangoes like it’s our part-time job. While in St. Lucia, we made friends with one of the workers at the resort, and he was kind enough to bring us bags of fresh fruit from his garden twice during our trip. His generous offerings included mangoes, guavas, cocoa fruit, and coconuts, and it was some of the most delicious fruit I’ve ever tasted from one of the kindest human beings I have ever met.
- 2 cups vanilla coconut milk or almond milk
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 vanilla bean or 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3½ tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch cardamom
- 1 large mango or 2 small mangoes