Today’s post is brought to you by….HEALTH.
Um, I can totally sense a bucket of eye rolls from the male species. Wait, do I even have any male readers? Two? Three? Oh! Let’s see a show of hands!
- Um, I can totally sense a bucket of eye rolls from the male species. Wait, do I even have any male readers? Two? Three? Oh! Let’s see a show of hands!
- Fine, have it your way.
- Anyway, after a vacation, there’s always that mental tug to reel things in a bit. Sprint that last few yards on your run. Pass up dessert. Drink chamomile tea at night instead of a sexy glass of red wine. Brush your hair.
- Oh, you do that daily?
- I had a jar of black quinoa sitting on a shelf in my kitchen giving me bedroom eyes yesterday. So were the lentils, but the quinoa won. (sorry lentils. next time, baby.)
- (She really talks to her food like that?)
- I SWEAR I’M GETTING TO THE POINT.
- So I boiled up some quinoa, (health!) tossed it with sliced red bell pepper (major health!) and gorgeous garden kale (serious health!) and garnished it with seared shrimp, (whoa, health!) lemon (h.e.a.l.t.h!) and fresh basil (mega mama health!). And dinner was served.
- That just wore you out, didn’t it?
- Don’t worry, men. I’ve got something totes naughty to share with you tomorrow.
- Black Quinoa with Shrimp and a Lot of Healthy Stuff:
- What it took for 2:
- 1 cup black quinoa
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1/2 bunch kale, cut into 2-inch ribbons
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- juice from half a lemon
- fresh basil for garnish
- pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper